Fantasy golf power rankings: 2018 Quicken Loans National
- IMG Trophy Tournament 2018 at Sky Lake.
- AccorHotels Vietnam World Masters Golf Championship 2018
- 5 Vietnamese golfers to join WAGC final in Malaysia
- Intriguing Showdown in Store at Faldo Series Vietnam Championship
TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm will host the Quicken Loans National for the second straight year – and final year for the time being – as its welcomes Tigers Woods, Rickie Fowler and more to Potomac, Md., this week.
After hosting a PGA Tour event in 1987-2004 and again in 2006, TPC Potomac underwent major renovations after that. It hosted the Web.com Tour in 2012 and ’13, before debuting as The National host last season.
Last year’s winner, Kyle Stanley, led the field in strokes gained tee-to-green and greens in regulation, and was also fourth in strokes gained approach-the-green and sixth in approach-shot proximity to the hole. He ranked 52nd in strokes gained putting and 32nd in strokes gained around-the-green.
Those numbers are in line with what is typically expected at TPC Potomac, which requires precision from tee to green. Some stats to look at this week: strokes gained tee-to-green (SGTTG), strokes gained approach-the-green (SGATG), greens in regulation, proximity to hole and par-4 scoring, as TPC Potomac is a par-70o layout with 12 par 4s.
Here is a look at my top 20 fantasy options:
1. Rickie Fowler: Has put together five top-25s in last six events. Tied for third last year at TPC Potomac after shooting 68-65 on the weekend. Ranks T-5 in par-4 scoring, 21st in GIR, 31st in SGTTG and T-34 in proximity.
2. Tiger Woods: Has won The National twice but didn’t play last year. Coming off MC at U.S. Open, but was T-23 at Memorial and T-11 at Players before that. Ranks fifth in SGTTG, including fourth in SGATG. Also is 29th in proximity.
3. Kyle Stanley: Defending champ closed in 67-66 last year before prevailing in a playoff. Recently lost in a playoff at Memorial and was T-15 last week at Travelers. Ranks third in GIR, T-17 in par-4 scoring and 38th in proximity.
4. Charles Howell III: Opened last year’s National in 71 before going 69-67-66 to finish second, losing in a playoff. Enters this week having finished T-26 or better in five of last six starts. Ranks 27th in GIR and 35th in SGTTG.
5. J.B. Holmes: T-68 here last year, but has gone T-13, third and T-2 in his last three worldwide starts. Ranks 28th in SGTTG.
6. Kevin Na: T-22 last year at The National and enters this week with three top-6s in his last four worldwide starts. Ranks 36th in SGATG.
7. Marc Leishman: Fired bookend 66s last year to tie for fifth at TPC Potomac. However, he hasn’t finished better than T-45 in three starts since Nelson runner-up. Ranks T-17 in par-4 scoring and 38th in SGATG.
8. Kevin Streelman: Tied for 17th at last year’s National. Enters this week with nothing better than T-33 in his last five starts, though. Ranks 25th in SGTTG, including 26th in SGATG after a strong week with the irons at Travelers. Also is fifth in GIR, T-9 in par-4 scoring and T-24 in proximity.
9. Gary Woodland: Has gone T-23 (Memorial) and T-36 (U.S. Open) since missing four of five cuts. Making first appearance at TPC Potomac. Ranks T-6 in GIR and 33rd in SGTTG.
10. Jimmy Walker: MC last year at The National, but has five top-20s, including three top-6s, in last six Tour starts. Ranks 25th in SGATG.
The event is open to all Sky Lake members, golfers from Vietnam and around the world.
AccorHotels, Golfasian & Go Golfing Travel announce the return of the AccorHotels Vietnam World Masters Golf Championship in Danang for the fourth consecutive year from 9 to 15 September 2018.
Việt Nam has selected five golfers to compete at the final of the World Amateur Golfers Championship (WAGC) 2018 to be held on October in Malaysia.